Jury Panel: Dr. Brett Baker, Dr. Adam Frey and Dr. Leonard Tan
- The Singapore Low Brass Festival Ensemble Competition is opened to all brass ensembles only.
- The size of the each ensemble ranges from a minimum of FOUR (4) members to a maximum of TEN (10) members.
- Each group may choose to perform with a conductor. The conductor will NOT be counted as a member of the group (subject to maximum of ten members).
- The competition is divided into three divisions (A, B & Open).
- No age limit in Open Division; Division A, 16 – 19 years of age. Division B, 10 – 15 years of age (as of 31 Dec 2016).
- Registration strictly on a first come first serve basis.
- The competition for each division will only proceed with a minimum of FIVE (5) participating groups.
- Each group must indicate the selected repertoire before start of competition and own an ORIGINAL copy of the selected set piece.
- Participating group MUST bring along the original copy of the selected set piece during competition day. Groups will be disqualified if original copy is not presented.
- Each group may choose to include multiple member/s for each part, based on own discretion.
- In case of missing instrumentation, each group is allowed to substitute within the brass family.
- The contesting group is responsible for own transposition of score for the substitute part(s).
- Each group must submit the application form and make payment to the organizer by 31st October 2016.
- Each group will be given complimentary festival passes corresponding to the number of members.
- The Jury’s decision for award is final. No appeal shall be entertained.
APPLICATION AND FEES
All ensemble representatives must submit an online application and an entrance fee as stated below.
Division A and B: SGD $30.00 per Member (e.g Total Entry Fee for 4 Members is SGD $120.00)
Open Division: SGD $80.00 per Member (e.g Total Entry Fee for 4 Members is $320.00)
Groups paying via PayPal should cover the PayPal processing fee. Each group will be given complimentary festival passes to attend SLBF 2016, corresponding to the number of members in each group.
Contestants are required to submit application entrance fee, including PayPal processing fee via PayPal to our account email@example.com,
OR Mail application form together with cheque made payable to ‘The Band World’ to the address below:
ATTN: Singapore Low Brass Festival 2016
c/o The Band World
1, Esplanade Drive, #02-08
Esplanade Mall, Singapore 038981
Applications and preliminary recordings for all competitions must be received no later than October 31, 2016 at 2359hrs, Singapore time (UTC +08:00). There will be no refund given for any cancellation of an application.
Each applicant is responsible to read, understand, and abide by the guidelines published herein.
1st Prize – SGD $1,000 Cash Vouchers
2nd Prize – SGD $750 Cash Vouchers
3rd Prize – SGD $500 Cash Vouchers
1st Prize – SGD $500 Cash Vouchers
2nd Prize – SGD $350 Cash Vouchers
3rd Prize – SGD $200 Cash Vouchers
1st Prize – SGD $200 Cash Vouchers
2nd Prize – SGD $150 Cash Vouchers
3rd Prize – SGD $100 Cash Vouchers
In addition to the cash vouchers, the champion ensemble of each division will be invited to an ensemble masterclass with Dr. Brett Baker at the festival itself.